Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, April 5

Review : The Hunger Games



First of all, sorry for the late update on the review of this movie. And I know a lot of you have already watched it. And yes, I hope you guys feel worth it as I'm gonna give quite a positive review. :)

Second, thanks to Nuffnang and Churp Churp for giving us complimentary premiere screening tickets, again!  However, this time, I did not win. Thanks Sen Chen for bringing me to the screening! :D


Synopsis ::

This story is about a tradition of Panem, where they host a game called The Hunger Game-out of 24 tributes, only 1 will survive and win and be granted wealth. And of all 12 districts, they have to send 2 tributes each aged between 12-18. Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) volunteered to replace her younger sister, Primrose. Together with her is Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) representing the 12th district.

Thus, they were brought to the Capitol, where they met the other 22 tributes from the other districts. Katniss and Peeta are mentored by a past winner of the Hunger Game also form 12th district, Haymitch.

In the end, who survived and win?

You'll have to watch it yourself.

Rating : 7.5/10

Trivia :
- Romance did spark between Katniss and Peeta, I guess.
- Gale's role was kinda redundant. Could have given him more scenes.
- The people in Capitol are strongly influenced by Lady Gaga's fashion.
.
.
.

Overall, the night was fun! Because 6 of us went for the screening. PTL for 3 of my friends won the tickets making 6 of us able to go. Thanks Pangky for driving me and Kim there. :) 

p/s : pictures are kinda limited because I don't remember snapping much that night. We made a vlog regarding this review too. Will post it up once its done editing!


Flashmob this Sunday! My first :)


No comments:

Post a Comment