Nuffnang Ads

Friday, February 15

[TUTORIAL] How to use Paypal for Malaysian Users

Recently, I bought something online and I was required to pay in another currency and the seller only accept payment via Paypal. With this, I have to get a Paypal account to make my payment. I was rather new and had some bad experience so I hope the future new users will not face any issue I faced.

It is not really that hard if you get it throroughly. :))



Firstly. you'll be led to this page once you sign up/sign in to your Paypal account. It will show you a overview of your account balance, previous transactions and all. 



You'll be required to sync one of your bank account/credit card to be the money source. To add your money source, click on Profile and choose your options.

I chose to ADD credit card.


There will be a limit for sending/withdrawal to your Paypal account until you confirmed your card.

Note : an amount of MYR10 will be deducted from your bank account/credit card for verification, but it will be refunded to your Paypal account instead of bank account once your account is verified.


Or you can choose to top up your Paypal account and send money with the credits in your Paypal account. Currently in Malaysia, only RHB has the option of topping up your Paypal account.

If you have a RHB bank account, you can consider this option. (provided you have internet banking)



in RHB, you can choose to send the money to your Paypal account in MYR or USD.
For every top-up in MYR, you'll be charged MYR1.
For every top-up in USD, you'll be charged MYR8.

Note : if you're sending money to a foreign account (non-Malaysian), you'll have to make sure your Paypal account's credit is in USD because MYR is a restricted currency in Paypal and its only available for transaction with Malaysian Paypal accounts.



If you decided that the balance in your Paypal account is too much, you can choose to withdraw it to your bank account too with certain charges with certain amounts.
(refer the table)


For payment, make sure the email address you put is the correct email as Paypal is not in the shoe to refund you your money if you send it to the wrong account.


Note that if you're sending money in foreign currency, they'll update you the exchange rate in your own currency to let you know how much you're actually paying.


Lastly, they'll confirm with you your payment method before sending your payment. 

Once your payment is sent, it cannot be undone! So make sure you check you details properly. Paypal has a fee charged when you use your credit card to make payment and the amount varies with the amount of money you send.

But its free is you pay with your Paypal account's balance. But make sure the credit in your Paypal is in USD if you're sending the money to a foreign account.

Hope this helps. :)) 




24 comments:

  1. Really helpful..what if, i dont have RHB account? so, i cant top up my paypal rite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as of this post was posted, the top-up option is only available for RHB bank account. If you don't have one, you will have to pay via credit card linked to paypal :)

      Delete
  2. I tried to pop up today but failed. They ask for ECM ID but I don`t have any ECM ID. Anyone know how to do successful transfer without ECM ID or where I can obtain a ECM ID. Also visit my new Malaysia Classified website and sell your used items online

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to know that I dont wanna use my paypal for buying online. Its just I will get money from foreign country and they're using paypal as the medium.. How will I know bout my paypal address if they request for it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been very helpful..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already stuck because I already topup MYR in Paypal. Any ideas to move the money in MYR to USD?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Withdraw them back to your bank account. Amount below rm400 will deduct rm3. You have them back in 3 days. Then add them back with rhb online. You can convert usd to myr but cant convert myr to usd. Just showing myr is not great enough for global usage. Add them as usd as gwen instructed.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. How do you convert from USD to ringgit? I cant see the option available under manage currency.
    If i withdraw USD from paypal account to my debit card, will it be auto converted into ringgit? Or must I convert USD to ringgit before withdrawing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. How do you convert from USD to ringgit? I cant see the option available under manage currency.
    If i withdraw USD from paypal account to my debit card, will it be auto converted into ringgit? Or must I convert USD to ringgit before withdrawing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. May I ask. Ive made payment to overseas and they refund my money saying that the money will takes like 30 days for them to receive. Why is that? My account type is premier. I shouldve create personal acc type is it? does it affect anything? Hope you can reply to me soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    How much dose it charge to transfer from Ringgit Malaysia to USD (RHB to PayPal)?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello , I want to ask .. can a paypal account send money from usd to myr in the same rate to another paypal account ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you looking for a business loan, personal loans, mortgages, car
    loans, student loans, debt consolidation loans, unsecured loans, risk
    capital, etc. ... You are in the right place
    Your loan solutions! I am a private lender who lends
    Individuals and businesses at a low interest rate and affordable
    Interest rate of 3%. Contact us by email: powerfinance7@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM
    **********************
    Your full name:
    Country/State:
    Loan Amount:
    Duration
    Phone:
    Monthly income:
    Occupation:

    Awaiting your swift response.
    May Allah bless you.
    IBRAHIM MUSA
    power Financial Service Pvt.
    Contact Us At :powerfinance7@gmail.com
    WhatsApp Number +919717357946

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for this explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. documents for paypal

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a Malaysian and Paypal new user. I would like to send payment to purchase products from Alibaba for the first time. At this moment I'm quite confuse, should I do a top up of the purchase amount in Paypal OR should I proceed to use the linked rhb bankcard to pay my supplier straight away?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. btc to paypal

    ReplyDelete